Friday, April 8, 2011

17: HotHardware's Two and A Half Geeks Webcast - April 8, 2011

The Venue is just another on the market or soon to be anyway unit. The 6790 seems to be a nice mid range GPU. I of course like at least the next step up power wise, but for a mid value price it has some good capabilities. The thing about the 10 chip Xeon is interesting to me. From what I have read it is actually the last Tock and therefore not as capable as Sandy Bridge. Of course for a server chip it seems to be nice, but I don't know really as I have also heard rumors about a coming sandy bridge 8 or 10 core. I apologize I don't know which it is. Now that will be a server chip to like this one so not really a commercial market item on the consumer level. It also uses less energy which is one of the big things now on server chips

The SSD thing is interesting for a different reason really. The SSD platform seems to really be getting to a price war area where it is going to be more of a general user item. I of course would suggest it for anyone the price is a bit higher than the market likes still, but I think we may see lower prices by the fall.

The Contest of course is absolutely awesome, and I as everyone else is hoping to win it :) Also awesome show as has become you guys standard, oh and as a side not the April fools show last week was great.

windows xp windows xp download windows xp downloads windows xp pro

No comments:

Post a Comment