Monday, February 21, 2011

Art Lebedev?s Lo-Fi Cardboard USB-Sticks

Art Lebedev?s Flashkus is a disposable cardboard USB thumb-drive. Or rather, it is four conjoined thumb-drives, perforated for easy separation.

This is a nice, simple product from Lebedev, normally known for high-end, high-concept and high-priced items like the Optimus keyboard with an LCD screen on each key. The Flashkus is about as simple a product as you could make, with some advantages. First, it is light and environmentally as clean as could be hoped for. You can also write on the card body with a pen or pencil. And finally, it is disposable.

Having just limped my way clear of the walk-fest that is the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, I find my gadget-bag weighed down with what seems to be a few pounds of USB sticks holding press releases. Every year I wonder if i should recycle them into the worlds smallest RAID array, and every year I leave them in a bowl by the front door of my apartment for guests to grab like candy as they leave.

I?d much rather be given these guilt-free paper sticks. Even better, PR people: You could just write the press release URL on the side of the card and I would?t even need to plug it in.

Available in 4GB, 8GB and 16GB sizes, as soon as Art Lebedev gets around to making them (which ? given its history ? could be a while).

Flashkus [Art Lebedev via Electronic Beats]

See Also:

home windows house window styles house windows house windows sizes

No comments:

Post a Comment